Epson WF 4740 Setup,Install & Troubleshooting
EPSON WF 4740 SETUP
- Unbox your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- You will find the printer, USB cable, Power cord, black coloured ink cartridge, coloured ink cartridge, maintenance part, manual and printer’s software CD/DVD inside the package.
- Remove all the packing materials from the Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer and remove the stickers placed over the printer.
- Now, connect the power cordto the Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer and to an electrical outlet.
- Open the printer by pulling the printer’s front panel upwards.
- Pull it until it is fixed to its position properly.
- Switch on the Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer by using the power button in the printer’s control panel.
- Then, take the ink cartridges away from the plastic bags.
- Remove only the yellow tapes away from the ink cartridges.
- Insert them in the slots by placing the black cartridge in the left slot and the coloured cartridge in the right slot.
- Allow the Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer to charge the ink.
- At once charging is completed; the completion messagewill be displayed in the printer’s control panel.
- If you have not installed the cartridges properly, the printer will show an error message and ink will not get installed.
- If it happens, then reinsert the cartridges again in the holders properly.
- Then, load papers in the input tray.
Your Epson WF 4740 setup physically. For more clarifications, see the manual to setup your printer physically.
EPSON WF 4740 Ink Cartidges
Epson WF 4740 printer has two ink cartridges, the one black colour cartridge and the other tri colour ink cartridge. Epson pigment ink delivers laser quality sharp colour prints for your everyday prints. This Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer gives you instant dry prints, which you can share easily with others at once you printed. These ink cartridges must be installed as the steps that follows,
- Unbox your world’s smallest all-in-one mobile printer- Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- Remove all the packing materials such as tapes and other cardboard pieces from the printer.
- Make sure that you remove all the packing materials from the printer parts.
- Now, open the front cover of your Epson WF 4740.
- Connect the power cord to the rear of the printer and to an electrical outlet.
- Power on your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- The printer will take some time to start up for the first time.
- When the printer is powered on, you can start installing the ink cartridges.
EPSON WF 4740 Driver Download
- Un box your Epson wf 4740 printer.
- Remove the packing materials from the printer and power on your printer.
- Install the ink cartridges and load enough number of plain sheets in the paper tray.
- Connect your printer to the same wireless network as your computer in which you are going to download your printer drivers.
- In your web browser, search for Epson printer drivers.
- Click on Epson products and drivers.
- Select your country/ region and your product type and name correctly.
- Select your operating system and the version
- Click on Drivers and utilities combo package install.
- Click on download and then click save to save the information.
- Then, click run to run the installation.
- It will take some time to complete installation.
- When a prompt message displays in your desktop screen asking you to allow the software to make changes in your computer, click yes.
- Then click ok to continue.
EPSON WF 4740 Troubleshooting
- Epson ink cartridge issues:
- Open the front panel of your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- Just press the ink cartridge and remove it from the holder.
- Reinstall them properly in the holders.
- Repeat it for several times.
- If you are using the refilled ink cartridges,then make sure that the ink cartridges are cleaned nicely.
- Clean the electrical contacts in the ink cartridges. And reinstall them after some time.
- Print quality issues:
- The main problem that creates print quality issues is the ink cartridge issues.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges to get rid of it.
- Use the plain white sheetsto get quality prints.
- Use the quality papers, which are not torn or damaged at the sides.
- Load papers in the input tray and adjust the edge guides to its correct size.
- Make sure that you don’t tight the edge guides too tightly, which can cause damage to the paper and stops feeding papers.
- Paper stuck issues:
- If the edge guides are tightened too much, it may be one of the reasons for the paper stuck issues.
- If the papers are stuck, then remove the ink cartridges from the holders and check whether any paper is stuck inside the holders. Remove them and reinstall the cartridges
- Also, check whether any paper is stuck in the rollers. And remove them.
- Remove the papers in the input tray and place them properly in the tray and adjust the edge guides to the correct size.
- Clean the printer rollers with the distilled water and wet pads.
- Also clean the print head nozzles.
- If it does not clear your problem, then go for servicing.
EPSON WF 4740 Wireless Setup
Before connecting your printer to the wireless network, make sure that your router is connected to the wireless network and your computer is connected to it wirelessly.
- Un box your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- Remove all the packing materials from the printer.
- Open the printer and connect the power cord.
- Switch on the Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer.
- Install ink cartridges and load papers in the paper tray.
- In your computer, install the printer software by inserting the CD given with the printer.
- Otherwise, download and install Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer software in your computer.
- Click install and Follow the onscreen instructions to install the software.
- In the select your connection window, select wireless connection.
- Select, setup printer for the first timeand click on next.
- Click on Wi-Fi auto connect and click on next.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and your Workforce WF 4740 printer will automatically gets connected to your computer through wireless network.
- If not, then select the wireless network setup method as using printer buttons.
- To fill in your SSID and the network password, click on show network password in your computer which is already connected to the network.
- Then press the home button.
- Go to Wi-Fi setup and press OK in your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer’s control panel.
- In the Wi-Fi setup wizard, select your SSID by using your printer’s arrow buttons.
- To give your password, use the printer buttons and click on OK.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Epson Workforce Pro WF 4740 printer to the wireless network.